Today I wanted to take a first pass look at intellectual growth with some S.M.A.R.T. goals.
- I will blog at least 5 days a week.
- I will read at least 5 days a week.
- I will read the Bible at least 5 days a week.
- I will read a book at least 15 minutes a day for at least 5 days a week.
- I will read, learn, and grow from reading a blog post for at least 5 days a week.
- I will keep and update a personal journal 5 days a week.
- I will read The 4 Hour Body by Tim Ferris by January 31st, 2018.
- I will read The Treasure of Christmas by December 31st, 2017.
- I will read 30 Days to Genesis by January 31st, 2018.
I’m a big fan of the Pomodoro Technique.
There are six steps in the original technique:
- Decide on the task to be done.
- Set the pomodoro timer (traditionally to 25 minutes).
- Work on the task.
- End work when the timer rings and put a checkmark on a piece of paper.
- If you have fewer than four checkmarks, take a short break (3–5 minutes), then go to step 2.
- After four pomodoro’s, take a longer break (15–30 minutes), reset your checkmark count to zero, then go to step 1.
Sometimes you find yourself with a free pomodoro, spending these on one of your life goals is always a good investment, but which one?
There’s a great app named Decided Now! that can be super helpful making quick decisions like these. Looks great, works great, lots of fun. You are able to eliminate options as they come up so you don’t repeat them if you like.
Looks like I’m spending the next 25 minutes on … my career.